Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Speechless

Embree Rae has been working so hard for four years thanks to her determination, a surgery and the best speech pathologist in the whole world Embree tested out of speech. As in she doesn't need speech therapy ANYMORE!



Monday I had to go to an IEP meeting at the Kindergarten school so we could discuss what type, if any, services she might need when she starts K this fall. Kim came to give her report to a bunch of people I haven't even met who work on Embree's 'case'. (Early intervention has been paying for her weekly therapy for the past two years) Even though I talk to Kim every single week and knew it was coming I wasn't emotionally prepared to hear her tell everyone Embree was completely done with speech. Done, forever. Kim and I left the meeting together, once we were in the parking lot Kim requested we still come in for our regular time to have a little graduation party for Embree. I expressed to her my bitter-sweet feelings-we're going to miss seeing her every week as well as our appreciation for her. Then I got in my car and cried! All the things that were so overwhelming and scary to us have come and gone! I still can't wrap my head around it. Our little Bree Bee is one resilient little girl!






Kim's little room will always have a special place in my heart. Dallin then Trew and of course I have tagged along for many, many appointments. I'll never be able to see bubbles, read The Three Little Bears, or watch Embree stick her tongue out without thinking of that little room.




4 comments:

Moses Family said...

That is WONDERFUL!! I know what a huge accomplishment this is for Embree and you! So proud of her and happy for all the success she has had in her little life! She's an amazing girl! :)

Bozie said...

this made me tear up! you're a wonderful mother and your kids are the sweetest-i feel like i know them from your posts:)

Heidi said...

That's awesome! I would of cried like a baby. She is a cutie

Todd and Lisa said...

I can't believe Embree is done! That is so awesome. What an amazing little girl. I'm so happy for both of you! I liked your Utah trip post. Looks like you had so much fun! I'm excited for when we can meet up there. I haven't seen you for way too long.