Friday, April 8, 2011

Girls Trip

My little sister Anganette got engaged! We are so happy and excited for her.


Two weeks later my mom, sister Melissa and I were on a plane headed for Utah to go dress shopping! It couldn't have been more FUN!



Ready for takeoff---Just the three of us.



NO KIDS!








Our layover was in Phoenix so we got to have dinner in the ariport with my brother Sean, Jessie and her kids.




The view the next morning when we got up. We stayed in Orem with one of my most favorite families in the whole world, the Merrills.I was so happy to see mountains, they are so beautiful they just made me smile the whole trip.









We shopped A LOT!



I took a quick nap while Ang got her hair cut and dyed.




Melissa took their engagement pictures.





Us three spent quite a lot of time being squished into the back of Hansen's car.





We drove up to Salt lake practically everyday.


Hansen is such a nice guy. He's got a great sense of humor, he really enjoyed taking every corner fast so us three in the back were thrashed left and right. I never did take a nice picture of Ang and her soon-to-be husband.










My sister-in-law Amy and her family came down from Boise for General Conference so I was able to go up to SL City and meet them for lunch in between Saturday's sessions. Our nephew Chad and his wife Melody met us there as well. It was really fun, I really wished Sean was there. But the poor guy was busy workin' 19 hour days.

After leaving there we drove back to Provo and did some more shopping...










I like to think I'm pretty funny--though I am proven wrong on occasion--I don't know if it was the high altitude, being in my old crazy college stomping grounds, or if it was because I was childless I felt more then a little silly.







Anganette joined in my fun!







We had tickets to Sunday afternoon's Gen Conf session.





I WAS SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!



I had never been to a Conf session in the actual Conf center even though I have visited many times. It was so stinkin' cool to sit at the feet of our prophet and the Twelve. It was so awesome I'll never forget it! Before I left Sean was teasing me because I was giddy because our seats were 6 rows from the front he said "your not going to a concert this is GENERAL CONFERENCE". I decided while the apostles and the first presidency were walking in and we (20,000 Latter Day Saints) all stood when Pres. Monson entered the room that their was nothing no other thrilling feeling in the world. It was better then any concert I'd ever been to. It's better then being in Fenway park and witnessing a rookie no hitter or an inside the park home run. Way better then cheering on the Sox while they beat the Yankee's or singing Sweet Caroline during the seventh ining stretch. So much better then watching the Celtics on TV while Rondo out played the Heat with only one arm (it doesn't even matter they lost the series), or watching the Mavericks S-W-E-E-P LA! (an extra woo, hoo for the 700k fine post game) Yes, it's even better then walking down Main Street USA in Disney World with your family or watching your niece go ride Space Mountain like 13 times in a row and having THE TIME OF HER LIFE when she knew her time in this life was going to be over soon. There is NO other feeling in the world that can compare except maybe kneeling across the alter from your greatest love and knowing you'll be together forever, holding little pieces of heaven in your arms-FOUR different times, or watching your first born be baptised by her loving daddy. It's true.






My sister and I went back up to Salt Lake early Monday morning to do a session in the temple-a life long dream of both of ours! It was SO great!





Us girls made a junk food run.


Rachel, Nicole, and Ava not pictured!.






Unfortunately I have discovered my--no make that I HAVE a Cadbury Creme Egg limit.









Our last day we made one more delicious cupcake run while we finished a bunch of errands.






I had so much fun I got to see several of my old apts and hangouts, friends who just moved to UT from ME-the Harris' and my cuz Ashely. Oh, Anganette got her dress too! I was sad to miss a bunch of people especially my old roommate who I just got in touch with again--we'll be making a family trip in the near future. And Lisa I'll give you plenty of notice so you can get to your parents! Thankfully my aunt Kim was able to take care of my kids with the help of my darling friends. A million thank you's to them!





Jesse and Cindy were so nice open up their home to us. They are just the funniest, sweetest people in the whole world. They are great cooks, have the cutest dog and the best kids. Their house was my home away from home when I lived there. I had to BEG them to get this picture of them the night before we left but were just to darn nice to say no!

4 comments:

Bozie said...

we love you guys!! we love it when you come to utah and have so much fun being silly and talking about the "old" days. can't wait to see everyone again!!

Zarah said...

I can't believe Anganette is engaged! That's so exciting! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Heidi said...

I was wondering when you came it sounds like a crazy full trip look like a ton of fun.

nana and atom said...

I was at that same session of conference and from the looks of where your picture was taken, we were really close to each other! Anyway, yay for your sister getting married and also, I know this is a little backwards since this is the previous post but congrats to Embree for graduating from speech! yay!