Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Smart and Funny.


Smart.
Sean ordered these pictures of the 12 apostles and first presidency a few weeks ago. He decided to have the kids try to memorize them every night before bed. I thought the idea of dragging out bedtime even more was a terrific idea! I have to say I am humbled as Alanna learned all of them (with or without the picture and in order) within a week. Dallin has the first presidency down and almost all of the 12.
Funny.
Alanna and I watched like 5 minutes of the show called Little People, Big World. A reality show about two little people who are married and have four kids. She asked me why they were so short. I explained to her that's how HF made them, just like Embree and her cleft. I went on to explain that they had dwarfism and what that was. Then I used the example of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I then told her that we don't use the word 'dwarf' anymore because it's not polite-we should say 'little people'. I turned the TV off and she ran off to play. About a week later while Sean was having Alanna go over the first presidency Alanna named them quickly then said "hey, we shouldn't say Uchtdorf. We should say Uch-little people".

10 comments:

Ginny said...

haha. that is so cute! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!! Especially Trew! I think we're going to be coming out next summer again, FUN!

Amy said...

Oh man...that's great!!!

Jamie said...

That is awesome! Cam and I laughed so hard when we read that, she is so cute!

Todd and Lisa said...

Wow, that is so funny! Alanna is such a cutie. That is a good idea with the picture of the first presidency and 12 apostles. We'll have to try that.

Kristi said...

I am laughing so much right now! How funny is that? At least you know she listens to you. :)

Tuthill Family said...

Impressive! I don't even think I could do that. You've inspired me... :)

Chris and Flossie said...

Definitely comical...got to loves kids and the things they come up with.

Memories by Melissa Photography said...

Too Funny!!!

LMW said...

That's hilarious!

By the way, found your blog from somebody else's blog in the ward. Can't quite remember who though. Hope you don't mind.

Leslie said...

still laughing about that...the things they come up with!