Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Monday we got up and relaxed a bit.
Dallin out of nowhere says to Sean-"I want to go to a Red Sox game today".


Here's the crew with 'Slugger'.


So Sean jumped on-line and bought tickets to the Sea Dog game.
(They are the Red Sox AA team.)









Front row: Sean, Paige, Debbie, Scott, and Garreth.

We parked at Sean's sisters husbands work. Just as we sat down Sean said "Hey, there's Debbie and Paige". Sure enough he had the day off and were all at the game. Garreth had surgery on his leg the day after Embree last week. Sean brought Trew down to say hi. But being the funny guy he is, he sat down without saying anything, pretended to be mad about something, then stood up and asked if Paige would watch Trew because he had to go get something. The women behind Sean gasped! Paige and Debbie were just staring at him confused. Sean sat down and started laughing and they both recognized him. We had a great time but the kids only lasted 7 innings.



Saturday we went to Bar Harbor and did our favorite things.


Family picture.


Played soccer, T-ball, and frisbee at our favorite field.


Embree wasn't feeling so good we (her and I) rested quite a bit on a blanket in the shade.

Trew loves to have his picture taken now. (he wouldn't corporate at all for a LONG time, look back at Aprils Disney trip) He saw Embree and I, came over, layed down and wanted to take a picture with me. One of the three words he says is "cheese".


We Goofy golfed.

Trew saying "cheese".

Embree's turn.
We carried and held her most of the time.
Dallin. See his tongue?

Next time we'll just take Alanna and Dallin. Alanna loved it, but we rushed her a bit.


Trew loving his putter.

He was the official ball-picker-upper.

We ate lunch (Embree did eat a little Clam Chowder) at Epi's (YUM). And went into a few stores. It was a beautiful weekend.
EMBREE UPDATE: Embree had a hard time coming off her heavy duty pain meds. She'd do great for a couple of hours then crash for twice as long. It was so sad, she just wanted to get up and play (and eat). She has had a very hard time sleeping. She sounds AWFUL SCARY at night. Her breathing freaked both Sean and I out so she slept with us until Monday night. Saturday night with like 1 minute 31 seconds left of the BYU game I heard her crying so I ran up to her. She was acting weird crying and coughing, her body was jerking around every 10 seconds. Sean was watching the game at friends, I called him to have come give her a blessing. I thought for sure we were going to have to bring her to the hospital. After her blessing her breathing improved and she slept a bit better. She hadn't hardly drank or ate ANYTHING all week which I think was part of the problem. I also think she got the cold that's going around here. She had had quite a runny nose so that added to her discomfort. (poor thing) Sunday her and I went to Sacrament meeting and came home. By late afternoon she was doing much better (she actually drank) and she's been doing great ever since. I'd say 90% back to normal. She asks if she can eat 'hard food' all the time. (she knows she can only have 'soft' food for three weeks post-op) She's eating and drinking normal amounts. She's such a sweet heart we love her so much. My heart just hurts so bad to watch her go through this. She is my hero. Seriously.

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

That single sentence from Dallin must have made Sean know that he's officially passed down the Sox gene to his son. (it probably made him giddy too, right?) How fun.
I'm glad to hear that Embree's doing better. We've been thinking about her down here!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of what looks like an even better day out with the fam!

Embree is totally my hero too.

Leslie said...

What a courageous little girl! Hope she continues to feel better.