Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Anything you can do, Embree can do better....

Embree had a little surgery (adenoids) this morning.


She was a little nervous.

I had to coax a little smile out of her.


We distracted her by taking a few pictures. This is 'blowing a kiss'.



We call this one 'silly face'.



'I looked out the window'.



'Embree sandwich'.

Then she picked her feet a while.




She requested to take a few pictures herself. 'bunny'.


Then she got some Versed.



At her request Sean went with her into the OR.

Post-op. They (thankfully) let her sleep for as long as she wanted.
Which was for about a half an hour.
We got to talk to TWO nurses who had cleft affected children too! It was really cool.
One of the nurses had a cleft lip herself.


She woke up while I was wiping a little blood off her mouth. She blinked once, sat right up and asked for something to eat! She is tough as nails! We said why don't you have a drink first. She insisted on food. She did suck the whole drink down without taking a breath.


Then she got her ice cream.
She insisted on feeding herself, wanted the pulse-ox, and IV out.
As soon as she took her last bite of vanilla, she said "now chocolate".
The nurse promptly brought her some. She ate it all.
She's home now on the lawn mower with dad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a trooper!

Amy said...

She is such a trooper!!! And so darn cute!!!!

Tara said...

I can't even imagine... she's amazing.. and good to see you and Sean both able to be there.

Betsy said...

Megan, I can't believe I didn't ask you about her tonight. I thought about her all day yesterday and today. I'm so glad things went so well. She will always amaze me. Your title is perfect!

Jamie said...

Wow, what a brave girl!

Memories by Melissa Photography said...

I know this surgery was minor compared to the rest she has had (is going to have too), but I can't help sitting here just sobbing. I hate to see little kids in hospital gowns, with IV's in their hands, and just waking up from recovery. It breaks my heart! I love you Embree, I am so proud of you for being so brave!! I know Savannah is watching over you!