




On Friday night we walked two short blocks down to the water and saw the Statue of Liberty then we went to a swanky dinner Oppenheimer held at a cool restaurant, Bridgewaters. We walked, Sean's parents rode the bus and we got there just a few minutes before them! I felt kind of weird bring a baby there but he stole the show. Everyone wanted to say hi to him. I thought it was really cute. I think the guys who had young families missed their kids when they saw Trew. One guy left the table and talked to his wife and kids for at least ten minutes right in the middle of dinner! We met two men who were in Tower 2 of the World Trade Buildings during the 9/11 attacks. One guy went through ALL four floors to make sure everyone from Oppenheimer got out! (he was a former fighter pilot) Because of him everyone (from Oppenheimer) got out. They even had people making fun of them as they were all walking down the stairs because they were evacuating. (this is Tower 2, the 2nd plane hadn't hit yet and everyone was told to go BACK up to their offices) The 2nd plane hit just as they were exiting the building. Truly unbelievable. Dinner was delicious! Good thing I watch Top Chief or I wouldn't have understood the menu. It was fancy. Trew got a bit fussy right as we were getting seated, Grampy offered to walk him around a bit so I could eat the first course. That's the Brooklyn Bridge in the background. And the last picture is of Trew on the airplane ride home. He was a really good boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment