Friday, July 6, 2012

The Fourth

Alanna twirled in the Augusta 4th of July parade this year. 




I LOVE matching! 

 

The twirlers: Jessie's friend, Alanna and Jessie. 
Alanna is only one and half years younger then them, someone asked me the other day if she was small for her age.  Yep, she is.






Trew was so happy with his bag of candy, which by the way is the weirdest tradtion.  Here kids eat some of this candy that some sweaty stranger held and tossed onto the filthy street where it rolled (rubbed) three feet of asphalt before you picked it up and ate it!  Strange.  But anyway, this parade was a million times better then last years! The weather was perfect.  Plus the ice cream truck was in the parade and they were throwing ice cream to all the kids!  Serious ice cream like sandwiches, Drumsticks and fudge bars!  All of the kids got one! We saw the area missionary's, Sean sang Called To Serve in Spanish as they walked up to us and to our surprise one of the elders was from Guatemala!  This is very unusual for Maine, all our missionary's are from Utah. Literally. We drove back home with our friends and hung out for a while.  Then we left to go home as everyone else was heading to the fireworks.  Sean and I were so tired!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

LOVE and miss your family!!! I Love all your matching outfits:) This year was the first year I got to dress my 2 kids matching and it was soo fun! I so wish we lived closer! Alanna looked SO STINKIN cute in her little twirling outfit!