Saturday, February 26, 2011

February Break

Started out with my sister and her family visiting for a few days.
Then my best friend Shannon and her boys came for a visit.

My mom was so nice to come up and watch all of our kids for the evening so we could go to the mall and out to dinner without kids!! It was SO, SO fun! We ate at Margaritas, which is always good but was super delish that night! Must have been because no children were present! And we splurged on dessert!

The kids played outside everyday for hours, I swear. But to warm them up on Wensday we took them to Toys R Us to play. They had a good time, however I'm pretty sure anyone who was in the store was happy to have us go once the meltdowns started.

All the kids.

Trew and Grady. They look so calm and sweet here but they really know how to get each other going! I'm not too proud to admit Trew usually starts it.

My kids (especially Alanna and Trew) were thrilled that they brought their 6 month old pug puppy, Chase. Tonky was sure happy to have a friend to play with outside.


On Thursday we went to a beach party at our library where they got to paint and play in the sand.

Here's Chase, isn't he cute! He's a really good boy.


We had such a fun week and were so sad to see them go. It was good timing though because Shannon and Alanna came down with a sore throat later in the day. They headed home Thursday night and Friday we got another snow storm. Friday morning Alanna really started to complain she didn't feel well so I made an appointment for her to see her doctor that afternoon. She ended up being super sick by the time her appointment rolled around. She tested positive for strep so I asked if Embree could be swabbed too because she had briefly mentioned her throat hurt. She tested positive as well so the NP suggested we swab them all. They all tested positive. They all had fevers except Trew. Embree and Dallin were looking a little glassy eyed by the time we were ready to go. Good thing it was the end of February break and not the beginning!

2 comments:

Todd and Lisa said...

Your visit with Shannon looked like so much fun! Hey, how about you come down and visit me! Hahaha, just kidding. I wish. Your poor kids and poor you having to take care of all of them. I hope things are going a little better. Thanks for the cutest sling ever! And for the Christmas card---it turned out cute. Glad I finally got you our right address. Oh, and I am lovin those baby shoes, too. I'm glad you threw them in---I love that you got them for such a good deal. Talk to you soon and hang in there.

Heidi said...

Holy crap all of them. Wow sounds like an awesome party. I bet the food was so good without the side order of screaming in your ear and food fights.