
When I woke up at 6:30 this morning I had to check my email to see if Alanna's twirling clinic was canceled I immediately saw '8 point something earthquake hits Chile' on Yahoo's homepage. It took my mind a few seconds to register why I felt panicked. In my sleepy state I realized Forrest, Sean's (and mine) nephew is in Chile on a mission. Concepcion area to be exact. **Just found out-he is in the city of Chillan, 30 miles from the epicenter!!** I told Sean and we immediately knelt to pray. Sean called his Dad who's in FL right now he started calling Church Headquarters, hoping the missionaries were all ready accounted for. His mom is visiting Amy and her family in Idaho right now. A blessing!! We decided it being so early in the morning (4:30am for them) we didn't want to call them and wake them up. Amy called Sean around 9:30am (our time) her mother-in-law had called and woke them up to tell them the news. We've been busy watching the news and Internet here, even my LDS mom's group I'm on. Amy and Rourke have been calling Church Headquarters every 15 minutes since they found out. At last about 15 minutes ago (1:45pm EST) the Concepcion mission reported ALL MISSIONARIES ARE ACCOUNTED FOR! They were the last mission to report.
We are relieved. To say the least.
Now we're praying Amy and Rourke will get an email from him ASAP.

3 comments:
I just saw on Facebook that all the missionaries in Forrest's mission were accounted for, and then I read your blog. SO glad that he's ok!
Another miracle - like in Haiti, all missionaries accounted for. The Lord truly does watch over His servants.
Megan, finally I can view your blog. Every time I tried it said the link was broken. I'm so glad you wrote-I think so much of your family. You and your hubby have the cutest kids and I loved reading the blog of what your Mondays are like-you sound like your mom-she was always such a hard worker and very neat. Please let Melissa know that I think of her and that she can write any time!
Post a Comment