Monday, January 25, 2010

Easy as Pie.

I did a lot today. Monday is my cleaning day.
This is what I do on Mondays:
Clean 2 full bathrooms. Change and make 5 beds. Wash all towels. Do a couple of loads of regular laundry. Vacuum, dust, and Windex every surface in the house. Organize the playroom toys. Wipe down kitchen, appliances,bar stools and chairs. And wash the floors.
When I woke up this morning I was not looking forward to doing all my chores. My older kids didn't have school so that meant- A. I wanted to spend some quality time with them and B. I wanted all four of them to leave me alone so I could buzz through the house and get it all done. I thought to myself this could possibly be a bad day. I'm a little fussy (fussy=grouchy and fussy=with my house cleaning) I remembered though, the lesson we were taught in Relief Society yesterday. It was on this talk by President Monson. It helped me get everything done-in less time then it usually does-and I ended up being in a better mood when I finished then when I started. Does that make sense to anyone else? Usually I start off in a good mood but end grumpy because I'm so pooped.


So, because I finished quick and played with my kids I thought I'd make a pie. I love pie!

Trew only ate the ice cream. (pictured at the bottom) Vanilla bean, yum!

Dallin ate the ice cream and the pie filling!?

Alanna ate every crumb.

Embree ate until she was full and stopped. (I wish I knew that skill!) Then down a pint of water. The girl LOVES water.

Trewy's plate. Pie intact.

Happy kids, happy mom!
(mom not pictured because she didn't wash her hair today!!)
Thank you President Monson.

4 comments:

Tuthill Family said...

I could take a lesson from your book! What an amazing looking pie! You're a super-hero! (Seriously.)

Kristi said...

You amaze me! :) Clean house and pie...wow! I loved that lesson and needed it!

Leslie said...

I'd say that looks like an amazing day. I'm always struggling at balancing the day to day but making it fun for them at the same time.

Chris and Flossie said...

Apparently they need to take me out of primary and put me back in relief society so I'm getting these lessons too....