Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Zion's Camp









Last week Sean hiked 30 miles of the Appalachian trail with the young men. He climbed, sweat, drank, slipped, jumped, swam, walked, tubed, got two ticks, bled, blistered, and had a other wise good time. They left last Wednesday at 7am and didn't return until 6pm Saturday. In almost 8 years I have never gone so long with out talking to my darling husband. It was awful! He loves his calling and the YM. The kids and I decided to meet Shannon and her kids at my parents house (it's sort of in the middle) for two days. We had a great time playing, gabbing, swimming, 4-wheeling, jumping on the tramp, picking string beans, eating LOTS of cookies, doing laps in the pool to compensate for eating too many cookies, and scrubbing our cars and car seats. What a week!


2 comments:

becca said...

maine is so pretty... i miss it! jamey got to do the pioneer trek with our youth, but it was muddy, hot, and swarming with bugs. such is the south.

Chris and Flossie said...

Ok, but we'll have to go shopping without kids because I don't think I'm up for adding 1 more adult and 4 more kids... :)