We went on a big road trip!
Our first hotel was a dive! Blame it on Mimi and Grampy's two dogs, Sean had to find hotels that allowed pets!
The three older kids slept in one of the double beds with Trewy in a crib! It was really cute to see them sleep together! Not so cute GETTING them to sleep together!We stopped in Palmyra, NY to see the church sites there.
This room has such a special spirit! Our kids just loved to look at Jesus. Embree ran up to me and gave me a big hug and said "Mom, I love Jesus"!
Us in front of one Joseph's homes growing up.
This had to be one of the most special moments of my life. Sean was explaining how Joseph had to hide the gold plates in this shed to keep them away from "all the naughty guys". It was so awesome to see them listen to him, just taking it all in! My hubby is such a great dad!
Walking to the Sacred Grove.






They did such a good job being reverent in the Grove, I had tears in my eyes several times.






Then we drove on to Kirkland, OH. We got in really late so we drove by the temple in the morning so we could get on our way to Nauvoo!

Thank goodness she did a lot of this!

NAUVOO




If you've never been to Nauvoo or if you've been before you have to go (again). It's so fun. The kids got to play with pioneer toys.

Here's Trew with his cousin Kyla.

Alanna, Emma, and Dallin on the bank of the Mississippi river exactly where all the saints left Nauvoo when they were driven out. Salt Lake City or bust!

Amy and Sean.

Elise and Embree. Buddies again!

Thank goodness she did a lot of this!

NAUVOO




If you've never been to Nauvoo or if you've been before you have to go (again). It's so fun. The kids got to play with pioneer toys.

Here's Trew with his cousin Kyla.

Alanna, Emma, and Dallin on the bank of the Mississippi river exactly where all the saints left Nauvoo when they were driven out. Salt Lake City or bust!

Amy and Sean.

Elise and Embree. Buddies again!
Our kids got A LOT of piggy back rides from they're older cousins.
This picture is really cool. I asked Kat and El to take a picture with my kids so we picked this bench to take in by. Well, a few minutes later the rest of the family comes out of a store with the owner and she shows us all the pieces of the ORIGINAL temple used as foundation for the building on the left of the picture! (gray stones) Cool, huh? Weird that the
This picture is really cool. I asked Kat and El to take a picture with my kids so we picked this bench to take in by. Well, a few minutes later the rest of the family comes out of a store with the owner and she shows us all the pieces of the ORIGINAL temple used as foundation for the building on the left of the picture! (gray stones) Cool, huh? Weird that the 'tobacco' is paint right above!



We had a big family dinner at the Hotel Nauvoo.


Us on an oxen wagon ride the next morning. We went to Carthage after with the whole family.
Kyla, isn't she cute?! Sean and I were excited to get to meet her for the first time!
Alanna and Emma.
More Embree and Elise!

My darling husband and I. I got to go see the new Joseph Smith movie with Alanna after this picture. It's the new one they're playing in Legacy Theater in SLC. Sean go to see it in VT last year so I have been dying to see it. It was great, even more great because I got to explain a lot to Alanna. She really liked it too.

The whole family. (minus a few, 7)

Us.



We had a big family dinner at the Hotel Nauvoo.


Us on an oxen wagon ride the next morning. We went to Carthage after with the whole family.
Kyla, isn't she cute?! Sean and I were excited to get to meet her for the first time!
Alanna and Emma.
More Embree and Elise!
My darling husband and I. I got to go see the new Joseph Smith movie with Alanna after this picture. It's the new one they're playing in Legacy Theater in SLC. Sean go to see it in VT last year so I have been dying to see it. It was great, even more great because I got to explain a lot to Alanna. She really liked it too.

The whole family. (minus a few, 7)

Us.
The handsome Yeakley family!




As a complete suprise to our kids we showed up in Orlando at 8 o'clock Saturday night! We were dying to tell them where we were for like 5 hours once we were in FL, but we held out and waited for one of them to notice where we were. It was great, Alanna figured it out first. They were completly shocked and excited. We drove them threw Downtown Disney just to prove it really was FL. Dallin yelled from the back seat "I can't believe my eyes"!






Dallin got picked to be in a Jedi Training session! He was so cute! After we got back he was telling a friend about it and he told her "Master Yoda talked to me" (he comes over the loud speaker when the students graduate) He loves Star Wars.

Trew waiting for Jedi training.

Trew drinking a Coke slushy, I didn't give it to him but he loved it!



A few weeks ago Trew developed a great love for his blanket that's been in his crib since he was a newborn. He wants to take it everywhere. He hugs it, snuggles it, and bunches it into a ball and lays sqaure on it at night. He loved hugging it in the car. He also loved it in the 95 degree, 100% humidity. I couldn't keep it away from him. Look at his face he's all flushed from the heat.

I had a great idea to get these Disney tattoos for 50 cents at the grocery store at home and take them and suprise the kids with them so they would't have to get their faces painted this trip. It for sure would have sweated off their faces, it was so hot! They loved them just as much. $1.50 vs. $45!! Good deal!


Mary Poppins carosel.

Jungle Cruise.
Tea cups.
Kind of a random picture but it was so cute they're getting big enough to ride in a row all by themselves! They even rode Peter Pan just the three of them.

This is the first time we've watched A Bugs Life 3D show without one of them screaming in terror! They like it! Trew's preshow attitude is summed up in this picture! I wished I had a big fly swatter with me!
Guess who's tall enough for Kali River Rapids?






Dallin got picked to be in a Jedi Training session! He was so cute! After we got back he was telling a friend about it and he told her "Master Yoda talked to me" (he comes over the loud speaker when the students graduate) He loves Star Wars.

Trew waiting for Jedi training.
Trew drinking a Coke slushy, I didn't give it to him but he loved it!



A few weeks ago Trew developed a great love for his blanket that's been in his crib since he was a newborn. He wants to take it everywhere. He hugs it, snuggles it, and bunches it into a ball and lays sqaure on it at night. He loved hugging it in the car. He also loved it in the 95 degree, 100% humidity. I couldn't keep it away from him. Look at his face he's all flushed from the heat.

I had a great idea to get these Disney tattoos for 50 cents at the grocery store at home and take them and suprise the kids with them so they would't have to get their faces painted this trip. It for sure would have sweated off their faces, it was so hot! They loved them just as much. $1.50 vs. $45!! Good deal!


Mary Poppins carosel.
Jungle Cruise.
Tea cups.
Kind of a random picture but it was so cute they're getting big enough to ride in a row all by themselves! They even rode Peter Pan just the three of them.
This is the first time we've watched A Bugs Life 3D show without one of them screaming in terror! They like it! Trew's preshow attitude is summed up in this picture! I wished I had a big fly swatter with me!Guess who's tall enough for Kali River Rapids?
































4 comments:
Couple comments:
1) wasn't it just yesterday that we went to girl's camp in Palmyra? Now you are there with 4 kids...craziness
2) you probably came pretty close to my house while driving to Florida, and you never called...craziness
3) you drove that distance with 4 kids in the car...CRAZINESS!!!!!
sheesh- the next time you drive that much, let us know if you need to stop in NC. we have plenty of room- and a pool :) because it IS blazing hot here in the south.
I'm so glad you guys had so much fun. I love all of the pictures and comments. What a fun and crazy trip =0).
Wow, what a trip! Just seeing all the kids in one bed makes me re-think our thoughts of traveling soon. How do you get them all to sleep in the same room?
Post a Comment