Sunday, October 26, 2008

7 years











Seven wonderful years!! I can't believe it. We had been planing on going away for the weekend until about a week ago. We got some very bad news. My Dad has cancer. Yikes, I hated typing that. They are pretty sure it's only in his right kidney, they will be removing it November 7th. So instead of going away we spend a lazy Saturday morning together as a family. (we NEVER get those it feels like) By 11am we packed up and headed out to one of our most favorite places to visit. Bar Harbor. We went to the Soccer fields and kicked a ball around. We had a really fun time and boy do our kids like to win! We skipped across the road to play on the playground for a while. Then we drove to downtown walked around a few stores (Bark Harbor and to get ice cream) Then we walked along the Shore Path. It was a really nice day. The ocean breeze was perfect. I love salty sea air it makes me happy!! That evening we got a babysitter. Sean surprised me and took me to a fancy-schmancy restaurant. It was REALLY yummy. We had a wonderful time sharing our top 7 favorite times together. We ended up going on and on. (who can pick JUST 7??) It was a very romantic dinner. I love you always and forever my dear.

9 comments:

Moses Family said...

Our love and prayers are with you and your dad and the rest of your family! We love and miss you! How fun that you got to spend the day in Bar Harbor...that's one of our FAVORITE places to visit too! We went there twice while we were in Maine! So fun! :)

Stinson Family said...

I love Bar Harbor anytime of the year. Our prayers are also with your dad and your family. I wanted to say I was sorry that I didn't catch up with you on this trip. It went by way too fast!

Betsy said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun in Bar Harbor. We really missed you guys! We checked everything out and found out the best places to go so we can be the best tour guides possible next time around!

Anonymous said...

I was checking out your blog the other day too! It's really crazy how fast time goes by... You have such a beautiful family!
My thoughts and prayers are with your family as well.

Todd and Lisa said...

We will keep your dad and your family in our prayers. Cute pictures of your family playing together---we never get to have those "lazy" days either! Bar Harbor looks like fun. I'll have to remember that for when I FINALLY get to visit you! Your husband is really sweet to surprise you with a fancy, romantic dinner. Tell him he needs to call Todd and give him a few pointers ;)

Memories by Melissa Photography said...

Happy Anniversary, it's hard to believe it has been that long. We love you guys!!

Smith Living said...

Congratulations on you 7 year mark. Laird is in our prayers also. See you soon.

Tuthill Family said...

Congratulations on 7 years! It really does go by quick. I was so sorry to hear about your dad. I was just talking to him at church a couple of weeks ago when we were up for Aaron's farewell. He is such a nice guy. We included him in our fast yesterday and we'll keep him in our prayers. Please keep us posted.

Ashley said...

Congrats to one of our all time fav couples! Wished we lived closer. Know that we are praying for your family.