Holy cow, I just had the coolest conversation with Embree! She was born with a cleft lip and palate so she has had about 9 surgery's/or procedures. The first was when she was 7 weeks and the last was last Sept. when she was 18 mos. So she was watching Noggin and the commercial came on where the "Doc's" are preforming "surgery" (on a doll) I came in the room to take her potty and she says to me "Like me, Mama" and points to her lip!!! I said "like you, when you had your lip fixed??" She smiles and says "Yeah" Then she says "I lay down" and pretends to lay down! I'm shocked and said "You layed down??!!!!" "Yeah" she said. Then she says "hold my hand" I'm almost yelling at her and I say "SOMEONE HELD YOUR HAND" She said "yeah, I close my eyes"!!!!
So she can't talk very well so she "said" more things to me but I couldn't understand so I just told you the words I could understand!! I can't believe she remembers!!! When she was a little baby at her plastic surgeons office he turned the bright light on to look at her and she FLIPPED out! We really think she could remember her first surgery. Weird I know. She's so cool.
2 comments:
I've always wondered how much (if any) Jimmy remembers from his surgeries. His last one was at 11 months old so he may not remember any of it by now. That's interesting that Embree remembers.
Wow! That gave me the chills! (in a good way) I can't believe she remembers! Children are truly amazing!
Post a Comment