
Savannah. She passed away early this morning at 3:30. I had the privilege of being there when she was born and when she passed away. I am overwhelmed with a mixture of deep sadness for my sister and her families loss. And happiness for Savannah, she has suffered so much. It was so wonderful to see her body relax, pain free. Trew and I have spent the past 7 days at the hospital with her. She is an amazing girl. She was so worried about everyone else. She wanted to make sure my sister got lots of pictures of her doing things like blowing kisses to her parents. She wanted to hold Trew a lot and when she got too weak to hold him she wanted him to sit next to her. After she had passed and we were all ready to leave I gave her one last kiss. Trew, who was in my arms looked at her and gave her a HUGE smile. I will never forget it, he was happy for her. My sister and brother-in-law were amazing. Truly amazing, they held her told her to go with the angels, not to be afraid, and to go ahead and pick a mansion out for their family. I got to be in a room full of angels. Savannah talked about them, I know they were there. I know that God, our father watched over that sweet little princess her whole three year battle with cancer. He has called her home.
Funeral Services:
http://www.legacy.com/MaineToday-MorningSentinel/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=114863452
9 comments:
It's such a horrible thing when little children are sick and in pain. I'm happy for Savannah and yet so sad for you and all her family. What a neat experience that you were able to be there with her. I hope you'll all have as much comfort and peace as possible during this hard time. What a gorgeous little girl.
What beautiful words Megan. I remember our branch being invited to fast for Savannah and what an uplifting, spiritual experience it was. I was so impressed with the showing of faith that your whole family demonstrated. Melissa is in my prayers. My love and heart-felt condolences go out to you all. Tracey Hotham
What beautiful words to express such a time. Precious, brief memories.
I'm at a loss for words.
Megan, it's been a long time since I have last seen you or Melissa but I have received the updates from your Mom. I am truly sorry for all of your loss. It is so devastating to lose such a special and beautiful girl. I am speechless. I will pray for you all to be comforted during this difficult time. My heartfelt condolences to Melissa and all of your family.
We are so sorry for you and your family's loss. I met Savannah at our Topsham ward a few weeks ago. We will keep your sister and her family in our prayers.
Hey guys- I check out your blog all the time... so sorry to hear of Savannah's passing. My mom told me and she just cried and cried when my Aunt Betsey told her the story. Thinking of you.
-Rebecca Lawson (Dowdle)
Megan, our heart and prayers go out to you and all your family. I am so sorry for your loss...my mom called me to let me know. My heartfelt condolences goes out to Melissa and all of your family.
Hello Megan,
I have stumbled upon your blog! I was doing a search for LDS blogs and I connected to you through "butterflies and booboo's"(thought it was a neat name) Anyway - I've just read about your beautiful Savannah and my heart is full of love and comfort for you and your family. Please express my love to Melissa and Brian. Could you email me if there will be a service for Savannah? I wasn't in Church today, so your blog is my first contact about Savannah. I think Heavenly Father guided me to you! Amazing!
Love and hugs to you and Sean
Laurie
Megan, I am so sorry for your and your family's loss. We are keeping you all in our prayers. What an exceptional, beautiful little girl.
Post a Comment