Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cousins



Yesterday was very bittersweet. All of the grand kids met at my parents house to take a picture together. Savannah is getting worse. She ended up coughing up blood again right before the pictures so my sister had to take her down to the hospital. She had a chest tube placed this morning to drain some fluid off her lung to make her more comfortable. Hopefully they'll be able to go camping tomarrow with us. We spent the rest of the day swiming. My kids had a good time, they don't fully understand what's going on with Savannah (I don't either, I guess), even though we explain and talk about it often. Dallin and Alanna never forget to pray for her. The other night Alanna said "please bless that Savannah will get hair when she's resurected. Long hair, like a girl." (Alanna always has worried about her hair, she feels bad she doesn't have any) Words cannot describe how I feel for her and her parents. It's all very sobering. You'd never know she was sick, she was happy and smiling for all the pictures.

No comments: