
My sweet chubby boy went to his 2 month check up (a little late) yesterday. He's 12lbs 8oz and 25 inches long. He had to get 6 shots. (I thought it was 7 until I read the little handouts they gave me) Poor guy cried his diaper off! He came home and took a good nap when he woke around 7pm he was SCREAMING his face off. I quickly try to nurse him (what guy wouldn't want to be cuddled up to a nice warm boob???) Well, he wasn't having it. I thought to look at he poor wounded chunky thighs and sure enough one of them was RED, HOT, and SWOLLEN. I put a cool wash cloth on it (it didn't help, he HATED it. Come to find out it's supposed to be a warm wash cloth) and called the doc to get the right Tylenol dosage. Once we got that into him he fell asleep and when he woke again he was his happy smiley self. I checked his thigh and it was all better!!!
4 comments:
Poor little guy! You're right, usually a nice, warm boob fixes everything! I'm glad he's feeling better. Tylenol is a life saver.
Oh, that is awful. I remember how awful Gwen's first shot experience was. It is so sad to see them so miserable. I'm glad he's feeling better!
So sad. I hate holding them down for those shots. In fact, both my boys just had shots today and my baby (who had 5 shots) handled it much better than my toddler (who had 1). He won't move his little leg. I'm hoping tomorrow is much better!
Argh! I hate shots. Especially the holding them down while they scream part. I'm glad you were able to help Trew feel better. Kendra had to get her pre-K shots (5 of them) and has informed me that she will not get any more EVER again. :)
Post a Comment