Thursday, March 27, 2008

OPEN WIDE






Embree went to Cleft Clinic today. Once a year she goes and gets seen by her whole cleft team. Banana and Aunt "Nat Nat" came up to go with us because Daddy could only make for the last (most important) part. It's really fun and exciting for me (mom) to get to go see everyone in the clinic because I get to see other 'cleft' kids and their parents! Today we met two little girls Embree's age they were SO cute! Embree, true to form, was a ham! Everyone loved her and thought she was so funny and smart! Daddy made it in time to go in when it was her turn to go to see all the 'big doc's' (her plastic surgeon, orthodontist, dentist, and oral surgeon) she was a little intimidated by them all. She started whimpering when I sat her up on the table and I thought "oh, this should be fun" I told her she was okay and asked her to open her mouth. She did and layed their FOREVER while they all (7 medical professionals, plus Sean and me) looked at her palate, teeth, gums, bite, and lip. She never made a peep. They'd think they were done then they'd ask her to bite down again and she'd do it!!! They were all AMAZED! So were we. I had to grab my camera and snap away. After all she doesn't sit that still ever! Everything looks great they all agreed.

3 comments:

Ruitman Family said...

That is amazing that she was still through all of that poking and prodding! What a brave little girl! She is such a cutie.

Betsy said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad everything looks so good! What a good little girl. She always seems to do just what she's supposed to....when it's important =0). I'm glad it all went so well.

Fowler family said...

I am so glad that this clinic visit went so well. Way to go Embree! You are so brave girl!

I too like to go to those so I can meet/see other moms/kids. I think we're due this summer to go again...