Monday, December 2, 2013

Disney World November 2013

We flew to Florida this time, the tickets were a steal!
All of the kids were VERY excited to ride a plane-they haven't flown since Trew was two.
 
 
 
I only got one picture of on the plane, I was a little busy!
The kids were perfect, Embree's ears hurt on the decent but other then that it was great to get on a plane and less than three hours later be in Florida!  Not the usual 48 hour road trip.

 
Our first morning there Mimi and Grampy had Christmas with the kids.
They've been in Florida since September and won't be coming home to Maine until February.
Note: Almost all of Sean's picture came out blurry.

 
Saying by to Mimi, she loves to sweep!

 
In the car off to Epcot.

 
Ledger kicked back and chillin'. 

 
Mimi and Grampy met up with us and got Embree a parasol from China.

 
Embree's front tooth that was completely sideways against her other front tooth is already turned forward!
 
 
 

 
 
We went to Magic Kingdom the next day which was all decked out for Christmas.

 
The boys being pirates after riding Pirates of the Caribbean. 
 
 
 
Ledger hamming it up for Sean while I took the kids on Splash Mountain.

 
 
 
 
Waiting for the parade.
More cheesy smiles from Ledger.


The castle at night.
 

 
Next we went to Hollywood Studios


First we took the kids traditional picture on the curb.
We still miss the old parade (this was the spot we always sat at to watch it). 
The two different ones since then don't measure up.
 

 
Ledger watching Catastrophe Canyon.
This is a great shot of Ledger's unbelievably long eye lashes.
 

 
To celebrate Sean's 38th birthday we went to Medieval Times for dinner.

 
All the pictures came out terrible but had to post at least one. 
They kids had tons of fun.  Sean too!

 
The next morning.....
 
First stop: Krispy Kreme donuts.
 
Second stop Animal Kingdom.

 
We love Up!

 
 
 
AK has a new Wilderness Explores Club getting rid of the old Kids Discovery Club.
It's really fun, the kids are really excited to earn 'badges'!
 


Sleeping Ledger.
  He loves to rest his feet on top of the stroller tray.
 
 
Again bad picture but this is how ridiculous we are, we wait outside 30+ minutes in the rain to eat at Manny's Chop House. Soooooooo good! 
 If you ever are visiting Orlando and want to drive 30 minutes completely out of your way to eat-this is the place!
 

 
Magic Kingdom




 
Ledger trying out the Mike door waiting for Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor!
A family favorite!


Ledger waiting for us to be done peaking at the new 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Roller Coaster.
It's getting there!


 
I've always thought that pictures of babies/kids asleep in awkward position are sad, it looks uncomfortable but sometime it just happens and it's adorable!  As soon as I took the picture I laid  him back.

 
 
Epcot
 




Getting Pluto's autograph, so funny how he holds it on his snout to write!
 

 
I still can't believe we have five kids!


 
The best place to meet Mickey used to be in Hollywood Studios but this meet and greet is genius!
And if you know when to go, hardly a line.  
They started doing it for the princess' a short while after this one in Epcot.
 


 
Love Trew and Embree's foot on Ledger so he wouldn't scoot away!



Mission Space is one of our kids favorites.
  Funny since we only started going on it a year or so ago.
 
 Sunday
 
Ledger all ready for church.
 

 

 
 




 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
Sean's parents drive forever away and meet in an elementary school. 
Can't wait for their new building, it'll be right around the corner from there house.
 
We decided to try LEGOLAND on Monday since it's been open about two years now.






 
The Lego structures were amazing but the park as a whole wasn't very fun. 
Our family loved all the Star Wars stuff!
 

 
I went on this ride with Dallin, Trew and Alanna-didn't like it at all it gave me a sort of panic attack! I thought our car was going to fly off the track!  I shouldn't read about all the amusement park accidents.

 
Dallin and Sean's type of humor, picking Einstein's nose!


 
The kids LOVED this ride I went on it with them probably five times in a row.
I'm hoping to get some/all of them to love Tower of Terror with me!
It's my favorite ride, the kids hate/don't like it.  Dallin's never tried it.


Alanna's such a great big sister!
 
Went to Hollywood Studios the next day.
 


 
I made these new matching shirts, it's not much fun anymore EVERYONE wears matching shirts now. Thanks Pinterest!  Blah!  Can anyone have an original idea??? 


 
It's a good idea to get ice cream in the evening-they don't melt fast and fall on the ground!
 
 
Sean's sister Katya, her husband Brian and their girls Kyla and Tinsley came for vacation!
It was so fun hanging out with them in the parks!
 
We moved into a hotel across from Downtown Disney so they'd have plenty of space at Mimi and Grampy's. 
 
 
 

 
 
They had the BEST breakfast I've ever had a hotel! 
The kids ate their weight in bacon every morning!
And tossed back a lot of chocolate milk!
 
Katya and Brian's first day we went to Animal Kingdom.

 
 Dallin huggin' on Ledger at the playground in Dinoland.
They look so much alike.
 
 
Embree helping Kyla stay warm!  Cousins, so fun!
 
The next day was Thanksgiving.  We for got to make reservations for our usual place in Celebration so we went to Gaylord Palms.  Poor us! (it's always delicious there)
 We do love tradition so it was a bummer now we've missed two years in the past 11 years!



 
We love Thanksgiving, the kids love to talk about what their grateful for.
I am so thankful for our life!  It's such a great life!  For our terrific kids, each one of them.  I adore my darling of a husband!  I'm so thankful for doctors and medicine.  And for our family and friends.  It really makes me gush with love when I think about how kind and patient they are with our kids.  Even the ones who are difficult to like sometimes!  Of course the scriptures and temples are at the top of my list too. We stuffed ourselves silly then went to Epcot.

 
 
The next day we went to Animal Kingdom Embree didn't want to go on Dinosaur so I stayed with her and Ledger while Mimi watched Tinley-who is the cutest thing in the whole world! 


 
Can you see Grampy waiting for us all to ride Triceratops Spin?

 
The only clear picture I got of Katya and Brian.

 
 
 
Watching Nemo, the Musical.
I hate it when vacation pictures don't come out!
 
Back to Magic Kingdom the next morning.
 
So like most families one of the tales that gets told all the time is how Sean's dad MADE his sister Amy go on Haunted Mansion when she was little.
(Hey, don't judge this is long before fasspasses-so some go all go!)
Sean was trying to get a picture of pretending to make Embree go on it (we haven't ridden it in 12 years.) so he could text the picture to Amy as a joke!
 
 
 
 
Embree trying to get into the character.
 
Good.
 
 
Better.
 
 
Best!

 
 
Carousel ride.
 
 We had a million pictures that didn't come out but Tinsley is so cute to the left and Ledger thought he was such a big boy!
 

 
 
This story is only part of why we LOVE Disney World!
 
We are walking over to go on Splash Mountain when the kids walked ahead  of us and watch some of the log boats come down. (If you looked up to the top of the pictures the log boats pass by right after they make the big drop.) It's a great place to get a picture or wait for family members.  We have tons of pictures taken in this exact spot.  So Dallin sticks his leg between the railing or posts whatever you call them and his $3 Old Navy flip flop falls into the water.  Oh, we are on a bridge the big river boat to Tom Sawyers Island is on the other side of the bridge.  So we're like nooooooo because it's so annoying when you can see it but can't reach it! (we've lost a few binky's in the water before) I go tell a cast member who said they'd get someone to bring over the REALLY long grabbers (don't know their name).  Which I didn't know existed, you see employees with the regular size ones picking up trash all over the parks.  So she waits with us as we watch if floating farther and farther away!  By the time they come with the 6 foot grabber it's too far away.   

 

 
As I watched it float away I was thinking the least expensive sandals ($25!) are way at the front of the park and we're at the very back of the park.  I knew the store right by Splash had the most expensive one but of course the boy needs shoes to wear!  Then the original cast member (I think one or two others had gathered by this point) whips out her 'magical note pad' and writes out this note below.  It to go buy a pair of sandals up to $30. Sean and Dallin go off to the closest store.....
(he's wearing one of his sisters flip flops)
 
 
They came back with Dallin's new sandals which confirmed I was right they only had the most expensive ones. Sean said he got the sandals up to the register just planning on spending the extra money but the cast member refused so we got them free!!  Ah, Disney Magic!
 
 
Our last day we went to Hollywood Studios.
 
 
 
We had SO much fun as always.
  It was really great to get to spend time with Katya and her family. 
We don't get to see them very much. 

 
 
 
We flew home on the oldest plane I've ever seen!!
 I really thought it might fall apart any second!
But we made it!
 
When Sean went to retrieve our car from the parking lot at the Portsmouth airport he thought someone had vandalized our car!  But once he got up to it he saw it was just decorated with love notes by Duke who goes through Portsmouth on his way to the temple where he works!
 
 
 

No comments: