Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Disney April 2013

I can't believe tax season is over!?
I didn't wish it away this year because of our precious little baby--he's growing so fast!!
Sean was so wonderful to finished by late Saturday night the 13th so we could leave two days early for vacation.
 
 
Packing for five kids takes like a week!
 

 
We left early Sunday morning and made it to VA by bedtime.  It's fun driving the same route, we recognize stretches of road and buildings. We met Sean's nephew Tristan in NC for lunch the next day.  He was playing basketball for Barton College but just transferred to University of South Carolina.  He's pretty excited to be playing for a division one school.  We are excited for him too.  We'll be watchin' a lot of ESPN next season!



 
We got in super late to the Florida house that night. 
We hit our only traffic jam right outside of Kissimmee, it was rough. We were all ready to be out of the car!
 
 On Tuesday morning we met up with our friends, Brad and Betsy at Hollywood Studios!

 
 
They were so excited to see each other--even though they see each other just about every single day!
It's so fun to do Disney with friends! 

 
 
Gwen and Embree arms linked walkin' toward Star Tours.  So cute!
 
 
Photo op after Toy Story Mania.
We went on Dallin's first Rockin' Roller coaster ride!  It was touch and go for a minute but after I 'strongly encouraged' him to board the limo he did get in.  Once we took off I was holding my breath hoping I wasn't scaring him for life but after the first turn or flip he yelled "YOU WERE RIGHT, I LOOOOVE IT".  I breathed a sigh of relief!  We do have a rule that we will never make one of the kids go on a ride they don't want to go on but he's been so excited to be tall enough to go on it for almost a year now.  Betsy and I took Beckham and Trew on Tower of Terror, which Trew always loves while we're on it then claims he hates it later. The kids did Star Tours a few times and we watched Lights, Motors, Action!  Which we have seen many time's but this time made an impression on Trew--he really loved it!  We ate dinner all together at my favorite place to eat in Florida, Chevy's! We had a great first day!

 
The next day at Magic we paused for a picture.  Then met B and B and kids for lunch.
Tomorrowland Terrace is the perfect place to eat.


 
And check out all the new Disney cards they got.
 
Most of the new Fantasyland is open.  
 

 
Ledger taking a little snooze!



 
They boys flexed their muscles for me in front of Gaston's Tavern.

 
 
The kids got to go on so many rides together Splash and Space mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad plus Stitch and more.
 



 The weather was so, so, so soooo nice!  High 80's.  Perfect!
 
 
We went to Epcot next.
 
 
Dallin and Embree each bought a bag of taffy. 
This was a no gift trip so they only spent what money they saved themselves.  We went to Club Cool a.k.a. 'The Soda Place'.  I saw Trew taste the classically terrible Beverly.  I perked up to watch his reaction.  He sipped it and make a gross face and said "Ugg, that tastes like hanitzer!!"  (hanna-tie-zer which is what Trew calls Purrell hand sanitizer) Wish I got it on video! 

 
I thought I had a picture of Ledger's first Mexico ride but I can't seem to find it now! 
Mexico is a family favorite!



 
The kids hugged Duffy Bear and we met up with Sean's parents. 
 

 
Trew and Ledger waiting to get going!
 
We met B and B for their last day.  We went to Epcot, where it down poured for ten minutes or so. We stood under the monorail track to wait it out.  Then we did a bunch of fun things that we didn't take pictures of! (Too busy having fun!)
 
 



 
 
On Saturday we went to Animal Kingdom.



Sean loves Dinosaur!  
 
 
Embree claimed she hates it and stayed with Ledger and I.  I'm pretty sure she thought she was going to get a treat or something if she stayed with me.  She was disappointed when, in fact, she did not.  She did model some hats for me.  We met up with Sean's parents after and went to Alanna's favorite ride Everest!  So, so much fun! 

 
 

 
Embree and Trew entertained Alanna and I while we waited to meet Mickey.
 


 
When we met up with Sean and everyone else at the stroller Ledge gave me some smiles behind the bink! Lil pumpkin head!  Then Grampy got us into Sean's most favorite place in Disney.  The Hoop-dee-doo Revue.



It was unseasonable cold that evening and I almost froze to death while the kids played on the playground!
 


 
Sean talked it up all day to Trew.  He told him he could be as loud as he wanted!  It was a really fun show and delicious dinner!
 
Sunday morning I wanted to take a picture of Ledger. 

 
Sean and I call him an angel face all the time.  After I took a few pictures I noticed that the pillows behind him make him actually look like an angel!  Then he puked all over himself so after an outfit change the boys wanted a picture of all of them.
 
 
 
 We went to the temple before church this time.
 



 

 Ledger's first time visiting a temple!

 
Trew really wanted to pretend to be giving Ledge a blessing.  We waved him off a million times but some how we still got one picture of him doing it on the sly. 

 
 
I forgot church clothes for the girls.  I almost never, ever forget anything and I forgot three important items this trip!


 

 
 They are in the process of building a new chapel for the Kissimmee area, five wards met in Sean's parents building.  They also dissolved the two Spanish speaking wards into the three English speaking wards.  So because of the lack of this information we got the times messed up (lds.org hasn't changed them yet) we made it for the last half hour of a singles ward sacrament meeting.  Somethings better then nothing right??
 
 
 
Monday we went back to Magic Kingdom.


 
 
 
First up a ride on Buzz.  Then the People Mover!



 


We moved Ledger to the the front seat, he like it a lot!
 

 
Waiting for Dumbo. 
 
 
The new Tangled themed restrooms!  What a fun idea, the whole area was so cute!
 
 
We got into dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern--yum!  I love Embree licking her spoon!  I took this picture because when Embree was two months old she slept in the middle of the same exact table!  She was really tired and like to lay down to fall asleep so I put a blanket down under her and she was out!  She's seven year's two months old now!
 
 
 
We're all a little Mickey Mouse crazy!
 
The kids swam almost every morning!
 
 

 
Ledger took his first dip in the pool.

 
He liked it a lot even with all the water that got splashed in his eyes! 
 
At Hollywood Studios after our swim we took the kids annual picture.

 
Then met Ralph and Penelope.


 
Ledge stared at Ralph forever.


 
Good thing I hung on to the Bjorn! 


 
I sat and nursed the baby outside of Star Tours while the kids and Sean were on the ride.  This family sat down right by me and after a few minutes I thought 'they have to be LDS'.  Sure enough they were!  Funny how you can just 'tell'!  Embree thought these ducks were neat right by her feet!
 
Back to Epcot!  Club Cool was the first stop!

 
Then Mimi held Ledger while we all went on Sorin'.

 
Ledger is the 18th grandchild on Sean's side.


Jumping water.
 






 
The kids had fun getting wet then I called them so we could head to the next thing.  Obviously they listened right away without complaing!  Oh, yeah they didn't listen and as I was calling to Trew the spray of water hit him right in the mouth making his lip and cheek jiggle!  I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath.  Of course Sean had just stopped video taping them! The group of people walking out of Captain EO busted up laughing too!  He thought he was hilarious too and laughed along with us!



 



 
 While I nursed Ledger on a bench in England Sean too Alanna and Trew to meet Tigger and Pooh.
 
 
Trew was being a bit of a punk so he got to sit in time-out.
 
 
He's wearing the black shirt.

 
Mexico ride!
 
The new Test Track is open.


 
Meh, we all kinda like the old one better.
 
We went to T-Rex for dinner.
 



 
 
The next day we went to Animal Kingdom.
 

 
Embree asked me what this stick was.  I told her it was a spanking stick.  The three employee's busted up laughing.  Embree laughed and got a little silly with it! 
 
Before we left for Magic Kingdom the next morning I layed Ledger down so he could sleep while we all finished getting ready.  He was awake but so sleepy.  I layed him down with his binky in his mouth and as I covered him with his blanket he spit it out and it flipped right up to cover his left eye.  I laughed and he just stared at me and blinked a few times.  Which made me laugh some more.  I went and grabbed my phone so I could take a picture.  He kept still while I laughed at him for a few more seconds then I took it off his face and left him to nap.

 
Cute!!

 
Waiting for the girls to come out of the bathroom.
 
 
Since it was are last day we waited (against my wishes) in a terribly long line to eat at the new restaurant Be Our Guest.  The main dinning room looks exactly like the ballroom from Beauty and the Beast.  The food was great and we all had fun despite a few of us sweating four gallon's during the wait! 





Good bye Disney World, we'll see ya real soon!!!
 
 
We left Saturday morning and got home about nine o'clock Sunday night.  Those last six hours in the car were brutal!  Ledger gets the gold star, he was the the most well behaved passenger in the car!  It's good to be home and have life get back to normal.

No comments: