Sunday the 11th my contractions started to get a regular pattern, I ignored them for a while and drank a couple of glasses of water. It didn't help. I really didn't want to go to the hosptial and be there all through the night so I said a prayer and was able to fall asleep. In the morning they still hadn't eased up so I called my doctor. It was a holiday so I got the on call doc, who told me I better come in to be checked out. I finished packing my bag, though I made Sean leave it in the car in the parking garage because I thought for sure they were going to give me a shot and either keep me or send me home because I was 35 weeks 2 days. Our goal had been 36 weeks. It happened that my doctor had come in to do a C-section and when he heard I was in he said he'd stay and deliver me! He is just the best! I ended up being 6 cm (I had been 3.5 and 90% effaced for four weeks) and he said it was going to be a birth day! I'm always in denial! We had a calm, fun and mostly enjoyable day! (my epidrual didn't work as well as I wanted it to the last 15 minutes) At 4:23pm after being almost 10 cm for two hours I let them know it was go time! My doc had just stepped out of the room so he flew back in and caught Ledger two very short pushes later.
November 12, 2012
6lbs 14oz 19.5 inches --born at 35 weeks!
I got to hold him for a minute before they wisked him off to the NICU. Sean went with him and came back to tell us how he was doing. Thankfully he is just perfect! Looks like those four weeks of bed rest and steriods let him cook just enough longer!
They go me up in a wheelchair to go see him. The kids were able to go into the NICU and see him. They were so quiet and excited.
After an early morning nursing session. I felt SO happy to have him, so, so, so happy!
Sean came in first thing in the morning he hadn't even got to hold Ledger yet!
Love his cheeks!
All ready for transport to the continuing care nursrey that night. I was a little bummed that he had to go there instead of the regular newborn nursery. Even though he had no problems with breathing, eating or his blood work babies still have to stay in the NICU until they are officially 36 weeks.
Ledger is a sweet, sweet baby. He had a private room so I got to sit and stare at him for hours. The kids were excited to come back to visit him and hold him.
This baby is so loved! The kids are so happy he is finally here!
Later that night he had to pass his car seat test-90 minutes in his seat in a row. They let him out 15 minutes early because he was screaming his head off for about 15 minutes! I have yet to hear him actually cry since then!
Thursday the 15th--they decided to let him go home a day early!
All buckled in! Everyone of our kids has spit up right after we buckle them in there seat to go home. Ledger fits right in!
Home.
Trew was so happy!
Dallin too!
Later in the evening. I started to change Ledger's diaper on the couch. Right as I lifted his old diaper to place the new one under his bum he projectile pooped all over his blanket, me and the couch! It startled me, I have never seen anything like it! At least not from the bottom end of our babies! After I got him all cleaned up (as well as the couch and myself) I picked him up and he barfed all down the the front of himself. So I start taking off his dirty clothes again and Alanna (who had witnessed the whole scene) points out that I'm leaking milk all down the front of my shirt! She says "Boy, if this is what it's like to have a baby....." I laughed and laughed! We are so blissfully happy with our new baby Ledger!!


























2 comments:
Congratulations! He is Beautiful...just like the rest of your kids. :) I'm SO happy he's home & healthy!
congrats. it definitely is a miracle that babies make it here i am so glad everything is good
Post a Comment