Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May is Cysitic Fibrosis Awareness Month!




Things you can do to help raise awareness.

The CF Foundation announced back in January a new drug, Kalydeco, had been approved by the FDA for people who have the gene mutation G551D.  It happens to be a very rare type of CF, less then 5%.  Our kids have Delta 508, it is the most common.  The drug as been VERY successful.  Even though it's not for our kids CF it's a HUGE step toward finding a drug for their genetic mutation.  We have one teenager in our kids clinic who started taking it in February, he gained 5LBS in ONE WEEK!  Finding a cure for CF is in our prayers everyday.  I am SO proud of Dallin and Alanna for doing their treatments, Vest's and for taking their pills everyday.  It's a lot of work and it's not much fun. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

wow that is awesome I hope they keep working on making better medicine for things like that. I am glad your kids are doing well.