Ah, life is just too funny right?
Sean left Monday morning for a business trip in Texas. As soon as the kids stepped off the bus Monday afternoon they went and got their bikes out. Less then 15 minutes later Embree had fallen off her bike hitting her chin on the driveway. I knew she needed stitches as soon as I looked at her wound. Since none of our kids have had to have stitches for anything outside of the OR I admit I didn't know where to take her. The ER? Her ped? Then I thought I didn't want just anyone stitching her up that close to her face so I went ahead and called her plastic surgeon's office and asked them if they did emergency stitches in the office. Dr McGill was out of the office but they said they'd call him and see what he could do. The next ten minutes I consulted Kristi and Amy about where I should take her (I still don't know by the way) Dr. McGill's office called back and said to give him ten minutes to get to the office and he'd do it. Luckily we had just visited our friends who live right around the corner from his office they were willing to take the other kids. I JUST LOVE everyone in his office. Dr. McGill was more then happy to stitch her up and he explain every step to Embree. She'll willing do ANYTHING as long as she can either see what's going on or you tell her exactly what's going to happen. Fifteen minutes, four stitches and maybe two tears later she was done!
(Embree took this picture of herself when we got home)
We grabbed the other kids and went back home just in time for our friends to come over for pizza and FHE. We were barely gone an hour total!




1 comment:
Poor little Embree. You're lucky to have such wonderful and caring doctors!!
Post a Comment