Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Disney World 2011

We had a great time!

We got in to FL at 8pm November 20th, Sean's 36th birthday!
First thing the next morning the kids got to go for a swim in Mimi and Grampy's pool.
The kids were excited to see palm tree's on the way to Hollywood Studio's for our first day at Disney.
We went to meet the mouse immediately!



Trew giving Mickey a kiss on the nose goodbye.
Star Tours was refurbished and re-opened this year. It was so cool!!! And yes we were all able to ride together as a family, more on that in a second...............


Us chillin' on the Backlot Tour.
Grampy going crazy on the lazy fart cart.
It's official! Every member of our household is over 40inches!!!
We get to go on tons of rides TOGETHER!!
Trew got to try Tower of Terror (he calls it 'the hotel ride') he LOVED it! Yelling "I want to go again" the second the ride stopped! At least three other kids were bawling their eye's out as Trew skipped off the ride to tell Sean he loved it! I had just as much fun taking him on his first ride!

Next up, Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow.

Trew's first ride on Soarin'---and as a family!!!
Trew excited to go on Test Track---and as a family!!!
Our only picture of Animal Kingdom the next day. Waiting for A Bug's Life.
On the way to Thanksgiving dinner. Embree was crying about something funny, I wish I could remember what it was!



Cheers!
Ah, full and happy!


We took pictures outside the restaurant then went over to Magic Kingdom.
The girls hugging on Roy Disney and Minnie.

People Mover.
Which is ridiculously busy ALL the time the past few years. The ride is exactly the same as it always was so thanks to whoever put this *tip* into their book now we have to wait in line!
Embree helping me save our seats to eat lunch.
Back at Hollywood Studios, checking out the Christmas lights.
The next morning, Saturday the 26th we went to Animal Kingdom.
After going on Kali River Rapids---our whole family!!!---Alanna and I got off so we could get some pictures of Trew's first ride. He LOVED it of course. Trew loves fast and scary adding in water made it just about his heaven!!



Embree is a die hard Kali fan!
Alanna and I rode Mt. Everest.
We were in the second row from the front. The man next to us asked me how old Alanna was all skeptical (course she doesn't look nine!) I assured him she'd been on it before and she loved it. The ride is not as good if your in the front, the middle or back is the best. Kind of backwards but it's a theory I've proven.

Embree loves hugging Pocahontas.
Sean loves Rafiki.
Trew pooped out in the car on the way to dinner. I brought him in and layed him in this booth he amazingly stayed asleep the whole time.
Orlando Temple on Sunday afternoon.





Embree pulled her first tooth!!
Really it was her fourth, but those were extracted by doctors.
Space Chip and Dale at Magic.

Waiting in line for the Pooh ride.
How clever to place things for kids to play with while they wait in line. The park was not busy so we went in the regular entrance instead of doing Fastpasses.

Trew AND Dallin's first Splash Mountian.



Our WHOLE family on Big Thunder Mountian Railroad!!
The kids all LOVE Fastest Choo-Choo.
The weather turned cool after a week of 80+ it went down to the 50's.
We stopped to eat lunch outside of Mexico.



We met Mike and Sulley for the first time!
Sean went and stood right in front of Mike and those who got the joke laughed. (it was from Magic Kingdom's Laugh Floor staring Mike) So did Mike and Sulley--don't ask me why I knew they were laughing, their body language I guess!!
Trew giving Tower of Terror two thumbs up!
Alanna got to ride Rockin' Rollercoaster for the first time!!
I can't tell you how FUN it is to have these special memories with our kids.
I love that she loves rides like me!

Trew's Batman pose.
Sean got a huge kick out of this picture!
Embree wanted her picture take after Trew--I love how she cocks her head for pictures!
Trew bawling his little heart out because he couldn't go on Rockin' Rollercoaster.
Sean said he was pathetic!
And becasue we can't do anything without a bump in the road we had to take Alanna to Urgent Care because she was coughing a ton and wheezing. She did have a lung infection so we got to carry the nebulizer around Disney so she could do her neb every four hours or so. On the way home we killed a brand new--don't know what there called but one end plugs into the cigarette lighter and the other end has a two prong outlet--I guess the neb was too high of voltage. She also had to take antibiotics and predisone. It took about 6 days to see any improvement in her breathing which is scary.
Mimi watched the kids so Sean and I could go out.
Sean has been wanting to hit this dueling paino bar called Jellyrolls at Disney's Boardwalk for several years now IT. WAS. SO. MUCH. FUN!!! It's four guys but only two at time, (they switched out) sitting at two grand piano's facing each other playing ANY song you requested. They were VERY talented and hilarious. We left at 12:15AM once the drunks got out of control stupid and because this women kept trying to get Sean to stand and join the conga line. Holy cow it was funny!
This is one of those vacation pictures where absolutley no one wanted to stop and take a picture. Except me of course. Ah, I love my family for humoring me.
Trew is strong as an ox.
These pictures don't really give you the full effect but while I was pushing the stroller around Fantasy Land Trew hung off my arms by his armpits, not stopping until I made him take a break so he wouldn't break something falling while I was steering through traffic.

Last day December 2nd.
We were stoked Hollywood Studios ditched their parade that replace the BEST parade in all four parks. It was really good.



Alanna wanted to go on Rockin' Rollercoaster 5 times before we left. We were seated and locked in at the begining of our second ride in a row when they closed down due to a maintence problem. We had to sit there forever while they drained the que area then they unlock us and let us out. They passed out fastpass's that were good for anytime, we gave ours away. This also happened to us at Magic Kingdom on Big Thunder Mountian except we were first in line to get on, they also gave out fastpass good for anything, anywhere. We had never experienced this before and both Sean and I gave away all our fastpass's which made the other families very happy!
------------------------------------------------
We had so much fun eating and playing together, hopefully we're all geared up for tax season which starts in a few weeks (blech!!). Other then Alanna's beathing, Embree's tooth, all of Trew's first's, Dallin's mysterious bumps and Sean and I doing a session in the temple our trip was fairly uneventful!! HA! I should mention that Trew dropped his pants by Splash Mountian and peed into the grass while a hundred or so people looked on as he waved around like a sprinkler!! I wanted to hide. Ton's of people were laughing while Sean said "that's my boy!!". Dallin also had a bathroom incedent. While Sean was repremanding him for peeing in the MIDDLE of a walkway all he could say was "look how far it's going!" (they were standing was on a bit of an hill) That was the only time I was HAPPY to be taking children to the bathroom for the millionth time! Our trip home was good, Saturday December 3rd was my 31st birthday I celebrated by eating a candy apple. Sunday we pulled into our home sweet home.
,

No comments: