
Ah, Jello it's official I hate you and every time I see you you bring back bad memories.
At about 2am early Monday morning I woke up in terrible pain. Short story: went to the bathroom knew this wasn't going to end well, went downstairs to get an ice pack (this helps my stomach), walk by Sean who is asleep on the couch still from staying up to watch the NBA finals, go back upstairs to the bathroom, sit on the toilet and think 'I'm going to pass out'. I whisper "Sean." Next thing I know Sean is over me looking horrified and I can't move or talk. Sean calls 911, 6 men put my half naked butt on a gurney and drive me to the hospital in an ambulance--a first for me. and get the EMT gets my IV in the first try--another first! Once in the ER I think 'oh, relief'. Nooope, they treat me like a junky and refuse to medicate me. Once my pain was under control hours later (post CT scan and x-rays) I was allowed to get out of bed to use the bathroom down the hall where a nurse peeled me off the floor after I passed out--using the emergency cord in the bathroom another first. They let me out on Thursday on the highest dose of prednisone I've ever been on. Yippee, I won't sleep for weeks/months, I'll never be able to sit down-extra clean house and I'll get a fat face and a hairy upper lip but I'll loose 10lbs-that's a plus!! Really though I've learn so much and I'm not talking about things like: I have a very high pain tolerance and I loooove dilaudid. I have the best husband, friends and parents--they stepped it up again!

No comments:
Post a Comment