Saturday, April 30, 2011

Savannah




During a trip to Farmington today we stopped by the cemetery where Savannah is buried to see her head stone for the first time --it's only been there since late September and during the winter you can't get to it. It is beautiful. There is a picture of the DC temple (where Melissa and Brian were married) right under the pink rose, it's in the clouds with light beaming off of the temple. On the back is a poem about daughters. Can you see all those little silly bands and toys left for her??? I just couldn't help but tear up that her sweet little school friends still care about her so much! She is gone, for now, but not forgotten. The three big kids were really excited to see the picture of Savannah and the temple on her head stone. While I was watching them and thinking about how big Savannah would be if she were still here I felt the Spirit testified of the truth that families ARE forever.






No comments: