We went to my parents house.
Why? Why NOT? It was free, they have a pool, trampoline, puppies to play with, a nice fire pit, clean toliets and showers. (And they were gone camping with their friends, Bridgette's parents)

Of course it just couldn't be a relaxing!!!! After we got the tents up we went swimming. Out of nowhere the wind picked up. And I do mean up! It got SO windy. After watching a bunch of things fly threw the backyard into the woods I thought 'I wonder how our tents are doing?'. They were still there when we checked.
Bridgette and Gary knocked theirs down real quick.
Then Sean and Gary moved onto ours.
Right after I took the last picture ours ripped right out of the ground and flew off in the air like a big (expensive) kite!
Three of us trying to get it down so we could drag it back to the lawn.Sean holding ours down while the others took B and G's tent all the way down. After inspecting our tent we found a HUGE rip in the fly! I called Bean's to get it replaced and they were not very helpful. I have to order a new fly in person at the main store, not over the phone or at the outlet here. What a pain. Note: our one man tent faired just fine!
The kids enjoying a "bing pop" as Trew calls them.
The wind died down a bit but we still opted to sleep inside execpt for Sean and our two oldest--they crammed into the little tent together. After we put all the kids to bed we did dessert and stayed up way too late laughing (we always invent some pretty funny games), looking at the stars, and eating!
------------------------------------------------
After breakfast I picked two 25 foot rows of green beans while the boys watched all the kids. Then we went to one of my favorite places to eat in my hometown--Big G's!! Everything they sell is BIG. The sandwich's are about 10 inches by 10 inches, the cookies and whoopie pies are almost as big as a frisbie. I haven't had a sandwich from there for years, it was as good as I remembered!

Love Trew's face!
Dallin is the best eater! Here he is trying my side of sprouts. He ate the whole cup! He loved them!------------------------------------
We headed home after lunch to do up all the green beans I picked.












3 comments:
oh big g's.... i miss you so much.
Oh how I long for Big G's. Although I do have to say that last time I was there, years ago, they weren't nearly as big as they used to be when we lived there, even more years ago....lol
Oh, Big G's, I need to eat your food.
Post a Comment