Embree proudly holding her tooth (teeth).


Embree playing with with her prize real make-up!!
--------------
Back in May about a week after returning from Disney World Embree had an appointment with a sleep dentist (they use sedation in the office) to get a little cap on one of her molars and to have a tooth in her cleft removed. Very long story short--the dentist pulled the (very) wrong tooth!! Though he had two papers documenting what tooth needed to be pulled he mistakenly pulled her front two teeth out!! Her first and second tooth on her right side were fused together so technically it was one tooth but really it's two. It still makes me a little sick. She for sure has had bigger bumps in the road, as usual she handles life a lot better then her mom. I cried for two days, I felt like I let this mistake happen to her. The doctor genuinely felt awful, which made him easier to forgive (that and the fact we never got billed). I could write a book on how much I have learned about being more like our Savior in the past 4 1/2 years. Re-acting to his mistake with instant forgiveness while being calm isn't usually how I work. It's weird how a beautiful little cleft has changed my life. For the better.


1 comment:
That made me a little teary. She's an amazing girl, that's for sure. What a champ =0).
Post a Comment