Monday, March 29, 2010

This is how last week started out....

Trew learned to climb out of his crib.
Three words: It's all over.

Tuesday I started having the most incredible stomach pains. It was like labor!! Seriously! I have been dealing with stomach pain for 11 years now (Crohn's) but this was totally different than what I'm used too. I suffered ALL day (I drove down to my mom's to get an adjustment hoping that would help, it didn't) around 6pm I decided to let her drive me to the ER back home. Sean met up with me around 8pm once I finally got seen by a doc. They made me do a CT scan WITH a contrast, reminding me if I threw any of it up I'd have to start the whole prep again. Thanks to Zofran and Dilaudid pushed into my IV I kept it down and didn't pass out. They got the results back, a blockage in my small intestines, sent in a surgeon for a consult and admitted me. One NG tube down my nose later Sean, sadly declared "I've never seen you look more miserable". It was a not a fun experience. They scheduled me for surgery for Friday morning with a possibility that the steroids would help me make it to Friday. I had nothing by mouth for two days and got better!! My surgeon was going to make the call whether to have the surgery or not by 8am Friday morning. At 6am they woke me up and had me do a pre-surgical bath with help from Perry the 250lb, hairy man. Yeah, it was as weird as it sounds. At 9ish my surgeon came in and asked the ever important question "Did you poop??!!!" I replied yes!!! So, they canceled the surgery. Friday morning Bnana and my sister brought my two little kids to see me then that night my sisters brought them all in to see me. Boy, I'd really been wanting a break from the kids but this was defiantly not what I had in mind!


I got discharged Saturday morning and am feeling better today.



While I was gone the kids had spirt week. Sean and the kids were excited to get dressed up for Team day! They're all so cute!







Then as if I didn't feel old and run down enough right now (Sean too, he's exhausted) Cameron and Jamie officially made us a GREAT aunt and uncle Saturday afternoon!!!!! Ammon was born about two months early weighing in at 2lbs 8oz. He's a cutie and we couldn't be more happy for them! I'm so glad my crappy week ended on a good note!



9 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so glad for you..okay sorta...I guess. I really mean that you are at home and that you are doing okay. What a crappy week for you! Take it easy-I know you are rolling your eyes at me right now- seriously!! Your health still needs to be your top priority!!Okay enough of the bossy cousin stuff. I just love ya!

Betsy said...

Megan, I've been thinking about you and praying for you. We're so glad you didn't need surgery and that you are feeling better today. Chin up =0).

Memories by Melissa Photography said...

Meg,

I'm so glad you are home and feeling better! Love you!

Todd and Lisa said...

Good luck with Trew. That's a day I always dread with my kids. Sorry you ended up the hospital and that you were in so much pain! I'm glad that you are home now and feeling better. Hope this week is better than last!

Tuthill Family said...

SCARY!!! Glad to hear your home and feeling better. (Try) to take it easy this week! :)

Bozie said...

megan, i'm so sorry to hear you were in such pain! i'm glad to see your sense of humor shine through about the bath though:)so awful! i hope you don't have any more trouble like that-take care!

Leslie said...

That sounds awful!!! I really hope you are feeling better.

(are you ready for the fun of moving Trew to a big boy bed? I'm not looking forward to that with Colby).

Ginny said...

wow sounds like a crazy no fun week! glad youre doing better though!! so my mom has chrones too! it does not seem like any fun :(

Fowler family said...

My goodness! So glad you are better, and glad you didn't have to have surgery. Wow!