

Friday was Savannah's birthday. 8. She would have been 8. My sister and her kids had came up to spend a few days with us while our hubbies were at Zion's Camp. She decided we should celebrate Savannah's birthday with cake and ice cream. So we did. When we went to order the cake Melissa had them put a picture of Savannah on the cake asked me 'what should it say?' I suggested 'We miss you, happy birthday'. The young lady questioned Melissa and asked "where is she?" She said she had passed away two weeks ago. And the sweet young girl started crying. So did Melissa. And so did I. There the three of us stood by the cakes crying. I couldn't help but think of how many people Savannah has yet to touch here on this earth. I know she's busy on the other side but I believe she still has some things to do here. In fact in one of the blessing's Savannah received that last week of her life it said she still had some things to do here on earth but her parents would finish them for her. The next day when we went to pick up the cake the same girl happened to be there and asked Melissa if she could give her a hug and said she had been thinking about Savannah all the night before.
My parents came up Saturday to celebrate as well as my two brothers and there families. We watched two video's of Savannah as a tribute to her. Sean pulled me aside and said we should have gotten a number eight candle for the cake so we could turn it sideways.................which is the sign for infinity. We decided he'd run to the store and get one. Fifteen minutes later when we were ready to have cake I told Sean to give it to them and explain his beautiful idea. He INSISTED I do it. He's too sweet for words. So I blubbered threw the explanation. Infinite that's what Savannah is.
*The bear in the picture of my sister's family is Savannah's bear, Lady. It was her favorite bear who went with her EVERYWHERE. Savannah gave strict instructions that Lady should be in her place in all family photos.
5 comments:
That "8" bit was so perfect. Perfect in more than just the infinity - with it being her 8th and an 8 tipped side ways... that's just way too perfect. I'm really glad you were all able to celebrate her special day - and that Shawn was quick to think of such a small, yet vitally important part.
Very nice story. It is amazing how much of an impact one life can have. Your family's examples will continue to impact people for many years to come. Thank you for sharing your feelings because I'm inspired by you!
Good job.
And I don't believe you can blubber.
But you can be VERY sweet.
Wow, you're right---her work is not done here. That is such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing. Yes I am totally crying right now. Way to put things in perspective (something I really need right now). And I love the whole 8/infinity thing. Good idea Sean!
What a sweet girl. That is so great that you guys celebrated her life in this way. Thank you for sharing ... as I wipe my eyes.
Post a Comment