Saturday, June 28, 2008

First camping trip of the summer







And guess what we forgot to bring????? Our tent poles!!!! Yep, stupid us. We couldn't believe it. Bridgette lightened the mood by yelling (jumping up and down 8 mos pregnant) "Oh, good story, good story" That made me laugh. Lucky for us my sister has a huge tent so we set up house in her tent, with our three oldest kids in our van. That was a nightmare. Embree wouldn't lay down and go to sleep so after MANY trips to the van to tell her to go to sleep I grabbed her carseat buckled her in and leaned her back and walked away. It worked and she went right to sleep. Two other families (Betsy and Brad/Hannah and Jake) had to be on another campsite so we didn't see them again until morning. The rest of us stayed up late chatting. It's so fun to talk by the campfire! Trew slept the best he's slept in weeks!!! Poor sweet Savannah had a rough night. I've never prayed so hard for someone else to get relief. She's an angel. We love her so much. She did finally get to enjoy some hot chocolate the next morning after our hike. (she's in the hospital again tonight as I type this) We ended our day by going out to eat with Sean's parents. I hate to cook!!

3 comments:

Todd and Lisa said...

This looks like so much fun. It's so beautiful and green there! I don't know if I would ever go camping again if I saw a moose as close as you guys did......

Anonymous said...

That first picture is so great! Smashing headlamp!

About that moose hunting thing...I don't know that we'd have much success either. Charley yells at the little dogs on the track where I run. They see the big stroller barreling up towards them and move to one side.

Angela said...

I so want to go camping with you guys! Looks like lots of fun. I'm pretty much done with camping for now though since we just spent a week in a tent. Yeah - try that with your 4 kids. It gets crazy. And Dirty!! LOL, don't forget your poles though! You're so funny. (I can totally see Bridgette jumping around with her cute little belly!) Good times.