



We can't believe it! Alanna started her first day of Kindergarten today. Her teacher is Mr. Henry. She was VERY excited all morning. I (mom) took her to school we stood on the playground for a while. Mr. Henry talked to her. She seems to really like him. She saw a bunch of kids from her pre-school class last year. They all gave her a hug, that made her happy. When the bell rang she got a little nervous I told her to go get in line with her class and she didn't want to go without me. I said I would after she pointed out that other mom's and dad's were going with their kids. Once she got in line she looked so scared. I almost started crying right there! One little girl was crying SO LOUD. All the kids were looking at her. I kissed her one last time and walked over to where all the parents were standing about ten feet away. I kept waving to Alanna, she'd smile and wave back. I was so proud of her! Finally when Mr. Henry came to his line I saw Katelyn, a girl from church. She was going to be in the same class as Alanna! I almost started crying again. I was so happy for them that they would have each other!! I quickly walked back to my car before the tears started to flow. It's only been 2o minutes since I've been home I haven't cried yet!
1 comment:
It's been too long since I checked up on you guys. We have been MIA for about 3 weeks now since our move. Your little Alanna is such a big girl now. Love the 1st day photos and the experience of dropping her off. What a brave little girl and a brave, tough mommy!
Post a Comment